The running costs of Jesmond Library are approximately £35,000 a year, all of which has to be raised by the Friends of Jesmond Library. The biggest contributions to regular fundraising come from regular Standing Order payments from library supporters, events organised by our volunteers, and room bookings.
In addition, from time to time we run special fundraising campaigns, and apply for grants, usually to improve our building or facilities. Without this tremendous support, mainly from library users, Jesmond Library would have to close again.
- You can play your part in keeping Jesmond Library open by
setting up a regular Standing Order payment to the Friends of Jesmond Library, and signing a Gift Aid form, if you can.
- attending some of the many events and courses running at the library, or helping to organise a new event.
- making a "one off" donation, considering making a bequest to the library, or encouraging a local business to support us.
- making an online donation through JustGiving.
- doing your internet shopping through easyfundraising, and nominating the Friends of Jesmond Library as the charity that will benefit from your purchase.